11. Learn about finance, financial knowledge can save your backside, it’s important for survival in the today’s world.
12. Be mindful of others. Don’t take things for granted, you never know what is going to happen next. Respond to a situation & not react, appreciate life & learn to enjoy your own company.
13. Making decision is not everyone’s cup of tea, it’s better to regret something you did than what you could have done but didn’t do it. Never hesitate when you should act. Take responsibility for every decision & ensure phenomenal outcomes. Deciding not to decide is also a decision. It’s better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing flawlessly.
14. Failure is inevitable for success. It is often said, “The only people who never fail are those who didn’t try”. Successful people understand that failure is essential for them to grow & develop.
15. Knowledge is a valuable asset & our future depends on it. We have this infinite capability to deliver results, if we believe in our own abilities. We must realize that our actions decide what kind of outcomes or destiny one would have.
16. Fear is real and can kill a career if one surrenders to it. Learn to conquer your fears as they define our path to success. Sitting & doing nothing breeds fear but action helps overcome it.
17. Resilience is knowing that “I’m not enough for this” but still trying hard. It resonates with something deep inside the human spirit accepting your new reality. Hold yourself responsible for higher standards than anybody else expects of you. Be a hard master to yourself & lenient to everyone else.
18. Choose your battles wisely. It’s not necessary how many battles you fought & won, but how many times you turned away & choose to look into a better direction. Life is too short to fight every battle that comes your way, learn to fight only the most important ones & let the rest go.
19. Saying Yes is Good but lean to say NO – This was one big revelation. I’ve been a believer of saying YES and then working out HOW? Pandemic taught me to say NO to unreasonable demands, unjustified excuses & unholy alliances. Life has been Good since then with a feeling of being liberated.
20. Disruption is the new norm. Life will never be the same, every new challenge brings new opportunities. Adapt yourself to changing situations. What I learnt in the army was that victory in the battlefield depended on how quickly one could respond to changing conditions. Are you future ready?